Designed to reward both giving and loyalty, the Priority Point System is the basis for some Deacon Club benefits. Priority points are used to calculate the overall rank of a Deacon Club member. The more priority points a member has, the higher their rank will be.
Points are assigned based on the following:
- 1 point for every $100 donated to the Annual Scholarship Fund
- 1 point for every $100 donated to premium seating
- 2 points for every $100 donated to an Endowment Fund or as an outright gift to a Capital Project
- 5 points for every year of consecutive Deacon Club membership
- 5 points for every football and men’s basketball season in which all season tickets associated with the members account are scanned at every home game
Priority Point Terms
- Priority Points for Continuous Giving: A donor receives 5 points for every year of continuous giving. If a donor does not give for a year and then reinstates his/her membership, the donor will lose the points he/she had previously earned for consecutive years of membership. However, the Deacon Club will credit the reinstated membership with priority points based on historical donations to the Annual Fund, endowments, premium seats or capital projects.
- Priority Points for Game Attendance: Deacon Club members currently earn five priority points if every ticket associated with the membership is scanned at every home football game during the season. Deacon Club members also currently earn five priority points if every ticket associated with the membership is scanned at every home basketball game during the season.
- Priority Points for Referrals: Deacon Club members can earn referral priority points. The referral must be documented in writing. The referring member earns priority points for any new or increased giving to the Annual Fund during that fiscal year. The referral points do not count towards membership level.
- Priority Points for Volunteer Service: Deacon Club volunteers receive one priority point for every 10 hours of volunteer time.
Priority Point Use
The Deacon Club utilizes a combination of the priority point system and Annual Fund giving level in an effort to fairly allocate seats and other benefits to members. The system is designed to acknowledge both consistent annual giving and current giving. The following provides how different benefits are allocated:
- Football Season Tickets – Deacon Club Rank
- Football Parking Passes – Deacon Club Rank within Giving Level
- Men’s Basketball Season Tickets – Deacon Club Rank within Giving Level
- Men’s Basketball Parking – Deacon Club Rank within Giving Level
- Post-Season Men’s Basketball Tickets – Eligibility determined by Deacon Club Giving Level; Allocation based on
- Deacon Club Rank
Priority Point Update
Donor accounts are updated in a timely manner upon receipt of donations. All donors are ranked based on their total number of priority points three times per year, which enables the Wake Forest Athletic Department to allocate seats and other benefits. Currently, the Deacon Club ranks the donors in July, September and January.
Priority points may not be transferred from one person to another (except a spouse as defined by applicable state law) or from one account to another. Upon the death of the donor, points will be transferred to the spouse (if applicable or desired).