My Top 10 Reasons to Enjoy a Wake Forest Basketball Game in 2014-2015:
- Coach Manning – I am looking forward to watching our 6’10” coach enter the court. It is easy to root for this genuine leader who is off to a great recruiting start. The time is now for us to support our coach and fill the stands with Demon Deacon faithful.
- The Deacon’s entrance on the motorcycle – Seeing the Demon Deacon drive out onto the court on his motorcycle has to be one of the most exciting introductions in all of basketball. The smell of exhaust and the opposing teams looking around in disbelief is always a great moment.
- New graphics throughout the Coliseum – From the moment you enter the arena this season, you will notice a change in the branding of the facility. Honoring past Demon Deacon greats throughout the arena will make the Coliseum feel more like a true home for Wake Forest basketball.
- Renovated Windsor Club Room – The Windsor Club Room has been transformed with new TV’s, flooring and paint, which will undoubtedly create a positive change in the environment in the space. As a reminder, the Windsor Club Room is open to all Deacon Club members and their immediate family on basketball game days – just show your Deacon Club card at the door.
- The Minute of Mayhem – The Minute of Mayhem is always a treat for fans, when t-shirts and parachutes flood the arena with reckless abandon. The Minute of Mayhem is your best chance to go home with a Deacon prize.
- Screamin’ Demon ice cream – My kids inevitably ask for money at some point during our games and come back with Dewey’s Blue Ridge Ice Cream. It’s unmistakable yellow and chocolate swirl is a must have concession item in the Coliseum.
- New on-court talent – Be on the lookout for a talented group of newcomers, including Darius Leonard, Cornelius Hudson, Konstantinos Mitoglou, Rondale Watson and Mitchell Wilbekin.
- The band and student section – You never know what the Spirit of the Old Gold and Black and the students are going to do. What fat heads will emerge in 2014-2015? This group is always a distraction when an opposing team shoots free throws and are the leaders of cheers the whole crowd can get into.
- Returning on-court talent – Now in their junior season, Codi Miller-McIntyre and Devon Thomas have logged more minutes than any other current members of the basketball team. The thrill of Codi going coast to coast for a layup and the thunderous dunks of Devin never get old.
- Rolling the Quad – The momentous wins that culminate with a quad rolling is an experience to cherish. The mix of students, fans and players coming together to celebrate in front of Wait Chapel is definitely worth the drive to campus.
See you this Friday for the start of the Manning Era!